Experience our New RONA Collection Paint contest
Rules and regulations
1. RONA (the “Organizer”) is the organizer of the “Experience our New RONA Collection Paint” Contest (the “Contest”).
Eligibility and entering
2. The contest begins on April 30, 2012 at 9 a.m. (the “Contest opening date”) (Eastern Time Zone) and ends on May 31, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. (The “Contest closing date”) (Eastern Time Zone).
3. This Contest is open to all Canadian residents who have reached their majority in the province where they reside at the Contest opening date.
4. The employees of the Organizer, RONA, agents and representatives of the Contest Organizers, of any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, of all the stores affiliated to the Organizer, and their representatives, and official contest agencies (the “Partners”) as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother) and their legal or common-law spouse living or not at the same address, and any individuals with whom such employees, agents and representatives are domiciled, are not eligible in entering this contest.
How to enter
5. The Entrant can enter on line at:
Between April 30 and May 31, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone), the entrant must provide all required information in the participation form to be eligible for the draw. Limit of one entry per e-mail address and postal code, per entrant, for the duration of the contest. Additional entries will be disqualified. One individual may not use more than one e-mail address to enter the contest.
Entry forms with names of people under the age of majority, or alias names, nicknames or any other substitution of a participant's given name will be disqualified, and the participants submitting such an entry will be deemed ineligible to win this contest’s prize.
The randomly selected participant's email address must be valid for that participant to be declared the winner.
All subscriptions deemed to be fraudulent will be automatically rejected and considered ineligible for a prize. The contest organizers' decision is final and may not be appealed. No purchase is required. However, online access to the Web and an e-mail account are required to participate in the contest. *Many public libraries, retail businesses and others provide free computer and Internet access, and certain Internet service providers or other companies offer free e-mail accounts.
6. Ten (10) entrants will be selected through a random computer‐generated draw by REP Solution on June 1st, 2012 at 3:00 a.m. (EST), and will be declared Grand prize winner. One (1) entrant per province will be selected. (Territories are excluded.) Five (5) entrants, non-members of the rona.ca community, who accepted to subscribe to our email list, will also be randomly selected and will be declared winners of one of five daily prizes. Under the same conditions, five (5) entrants, members of the rona.ca community, who took notice of one of our newsletter within the last six (6) months, will be randomly selected and declared winners of one of five daily prizes. A total of 10 daily prizes will be awarded. Chances of winning depend on total number of participants. A second prize winner is also eligible to win the Grand Prize.
7. Ten (10) grand prizes will be awarded at a rate of 1 per province, excluding territories. Prize consist of :
- A 2-hour consultation with the top designer from the group of Seven, corresponding to the winner’s province of residence.
- Development of the colour palette for the winner’s residence.
- Ten (10) gallons of paint to redecorate the winner’s home.
To receive his prize, the Grand Finalists must accept the following conditions:
- Be available between June 15, 2012 and September 14, 2012 to contact the designer and develop the painting project for his/her home.
- Send pictures of the space via email. These will be forwarded to the RONA designer, from which decorating tips will be offered.
- Receive decorating tips from his/her appointed designer.
- Accept and approve in writing the proposed colour palette for the project. Collect prize in store, which consist of ten (10) gallons of paint, and is responsible of its transportation.
- Collect prize in store, which consist of ten (10) gallons of paint, and is responsible of its transportation.
- Communication between the winner and the designer will be made via email, unless decided otherwise by the designer.
- The 2-hour consultation stands for illustrative purposes only. Designers may decide to spend more or less time on their assigned project.
- The designer consultation is not mandatory. In the event the winner does not wish to benefit from it, it must be indicated in the exoneration letter fully completed required at time of acceptance of the prize.
8. Ten (10) entrants will be awarded 1 of 10 daily secondary prizes corresponding to their category :
- Category A): Entrants who have ticked the box «I would like to subscribe» who are new members of the rona.ca community.
- Category B): Entrants already members of the rona.ca community, having consulted at least one time within the last six (6) months any communications to which he subscribed. This participant is an active member of rona.ca.
Prize consists of 1 gallon of RONA Collection paint, choice of colour and finish
- Five (5) daily prizes will be awarded in category A)
- Five (5) daily prizes will be awarded in category B)
To receive his prize, the Grand Finalist must accept the following conditions :
- Receive via email the coupon allowing to collect his/her prize at the RONA Store of his/her choice.
- Collect prize in store, which consist of 1 gallon of paint, and be responsible for its transportation.
- Collect prize in store, which consist of 1 gallon of paint, and be responsible for its transportation.
- Coupon will be available a maximum of two (2) times, after which, it will be impossible for the winner to view it or print it again.
- It is mandatory for the winner to present a printed or mobile version of the coupon. Presenting the notification email will not be accepted as coupon.
9. To be declared winner, the entrant must:
a) be reached by the Organizer within 5 working days of the draw. Any Finalist not reached by the deadline will have their entry cancelled and a second Finalist will be selected. If the second Finalist is not reached within 5 working days following the second selection, their entry will be cancelled and a third Finalists will be reached under the same conditions. In the event the third Finalist cannot be reached, prize will not be awarded;
b) accept the Prizes as described in these rules. Prizes cannot be transferred to another individual, substituted for another prize or exchanged in whole or in part for money or any other consideration.
c) fill out and sign the waiver of liability (the Form) and return it to the Organizer before the deadline indicated in the letter accompanying the Form.
In signing this form, the contest winner also gives the required consent to the terms of this regulation and authorizes the contest organizers to use his/her name, city of residence, photograph, voice and comments regarding the contest without compensation. In signing this form, the winner also agrees to accept the prize as awarded, and releases the organizers from all responsibility ensuing from his/her participation in this contest, or in the receipt or use of the prize.
Failure to comply with one of the conditions mentioned in these Contest Rules or to accept a prize will cause the selected entrant to be disqualified. In such a case, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, cancel the prize or, if time permits, proceed to another draw until an entrant is selected and declared a winner for that prize.
Within five (5) working days following the receipt of the duly completed and signed Declaration Form, the Contest Organizers will contact the grand prize winner to make the necessary arrangements. Secondary prizes have to be collected in person, upon presentation of printed or mobile version of the coupon at a chosen RONA store.
10. Entry Forms, and Declaration Forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any such document which is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, received or submitted late or otherwise noncompliant shall be rejected and will not entitle to an entry or to a prize, as the case may be.
By participating in this contest, the entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of their personal information (information that identify the entrant as an individual, such as: telephone number, age and address) by the organizer for the reasons of application, administration and execution of the contest. The organizer will not sell or transmit this information to a third party except for reasons pertaining to the administration of this contest. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to entrants unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
11. By submitting an entry on line, all entrants acknowledge and consent that the personal information they have provided will be kept on the server of the organizer and/or the server of those responsible for the maintenance of the Web site and/or the administrator of the contest. If entrants have indicated that they wish to receive communications or other offers at a later date, the organizer can then use this personal information to contact entrants at a later date to provide them with information about products or services. Entrants agree to have their personal information saved on the Organizer’s server and/or the server of the company that maintains the site and/or the contest administrator’s site.
12. The organizer and the suppliers of the prizes give no guarantee regarding the safety, the appearance or the performance of a prize, or any activity relating to this prize.
13. The prizes must be accepted as is and cannot be transferred, substituted or exchanged for cash money, except as mentioned in these rules and regulations. Secondary and third prizes will be shipped to the nearest RONA store. Winners must have the means to pick up their prize. Prize will be given upon presentation of an ID.
14. All entry forms become the property of the contest organizers. The contest organizers cannot be held responsible for any entry form that is lost, incomplete, incorrectly forwarded or delayed for whatever reason. The contest organizers cannot be held responsible for any error of transmission or reception of the electronic entry form, for any technical defect of any kind resulting from the malfunctioning of the network of communication equipment, data transmission errors, from defects in computers or software, for transmission errors or any other communication problem. The contest organizers assume no responsibility for any damage or loss that could be caused by transmission related to contest entry or the downloading of any information required for contest entry. In the event that the computer system cannot register all Contest entries during the Contest Period for whatever reason, or if participation in the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date provided in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, proceed with a draw among the entries duly registered during the Contest Period or, as the case may be, up to the date of the event ending participation in the Contest. The contest organizers reserve the right to cancel or suspend the contest (subject to the authorization of the RACJ) in the case where contest administration might be hindered by a computer virus or other technical defect.
15. Contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify an entrant or disqualify them from eligibility for a prize, if, at their sole discretion, they judge that the said entrant tries to interfere with the proper running of the contest by cheating, pirating, counterfeiting, falsification or any other dishonest practice (including using automated entry software,) or by an attempts to intimidate, abuse, threaten or harass any entrants, contest organizers or their representatives. Contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify any entrant contravening these rules. Any deliberate attempt aimed at damaging a Web site or the proper running of this contest constitutes a violation of penal and civil rights, and, in this event, contest organizers reserve the right to undertake legal action in order to obtain reparation, to the full extent provided for by the law, including judicial proceedings.
16. Contest organizers, prize suppliers and their agents cannot be held responsible for any error in printing, distribution, negligence or production, including errors linked to computers, software, transmission problems and can, in the event of such an error, cancel, modify or withdraw, in whole or in part, this contest without notice or responsibility at any time, at their sole discretion. In the province of Québec, this right is subject to the authorization of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux.
17. In the event of conflict regarding the identity of an on‐line entrant, the entry form will be considered to belong to the holder of the e‐mail account. Online entry forms will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e‐mail address submitted on the entry form. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e‐mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e‐mail address.
18. Partners only supply the Prizes and play no role in managing the Contest and only the Organizer administers the Contest. Universal Studios and Transat Holidays shall not be held responsible for any problem or error occurring in this contest.
19. The refusal of a Finalist selected randomly to accept the prize frees the contest Organizer of all obligations associated with the awarding of a Prize to this Finalist.
20. The Organizer and its Partners reserve the right, at their entire discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend, in whole or in part, this Contest should an event occur or any other human intervention have tainted or adversely affected the administration, security, impartiality or the normal unfolding of the contest as provided for in these contest rules and, in accordance with the approval of la Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required. In all cases, the Organizer, its subsidiaries, all stores affiliated with the Organizer and the Partners may not be held to attribute more than one prize or to attribute a prize otherwise than in compliance to these Rules.
21. The Organizer and the Partners shall not assume any responsibility whatsoever in the event that they are unable to act due to situations or circumstances beyond their control, or due to a strike, lockout or any other labour dispute occurring in the places of business of the organizations or companies whose services are retained to hold this Contest.
22. The Organizer and the Partners shall not assume any responsibility for any problem including, but not limited to, a technical failure of the phone lines or networks, online computer systems, servers or suppliers, computer equipment, software, or any other problem resulting directly or indirectly from a virus, bug or failure in data transmission.
23. By entering the Contest, the Winner authorizes the Organization and the Partners, their partners and representatives to use, if required, his or her name, photo, image, statements regarding the Prize, place of residence and/or voice without any form of compensation, at their discretion and without limit as to the time period, in any media outlet worldwide, for publicity or other purposes.
24. If, for reasons beyond their control and not related to the Winner, the Organizer and the Partners cannot award the Prize (or a portion of the prize) as mentioned in the official Contest Rules, they reserve the right to award a Prize (or a portion of the Prize) of same nature or equivalent, or, at their own discretion, the value of the Prize (or a portion of the Prize) in cash. In no event shall the Contest Organizers be required to award more prizes than indicated in these Contest Rules or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
25. Winners free the Organizer and the Partners, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives for any accident of whatever nature they could experience when entering the Contest in a store or for any damage of whatever nature that they could experience following the acceptance and the use of their Prize.
26. The Organizer has duly paid the rights required regarding this contest in accordance with the Act respecting lotteries, publicity contests and amusement machines of the Province of Quebec (L.R.Q., chapter L-6).
27. Any dispute regarding the organisation of a promotional contest may be referred to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux to be settled. Any dispute regarding awarding of a prize may be referred to the Régie solely for intervention purposes with the aim of settling it.
28. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with entrants except as provided for in these Contest Rules or at the Contest Organizers’ initiative.
29. Any Participant who fails to comply with these Rules may be disqualified.
30. Decisions of the Organizer and Partners are final and are not subject to appeal.
31. Winner may claim his Prize from the Organizer.
32. A copy of the contest rules is available in the contest section of the Organizer Internet site at www.rona.ca.
33. In the case of difference between the French and English versions of these rules, should the occasion arise, the French version will prevail.